Organic Revolution: A 9-Day Trip to Cuba with Organic Growers School
We’re so excited you’re interested in joining us in Cuba!
We are offering a limited number of partial scholarships of $50–$900 to individuals based on need, interest, and available funds. Financial assistance is limited, and applications are reviewed and awarded on a first come, first served basis. In making our decision, we will consider the following factors:
- Financial need
- The type of work you plan to do when you return from your trip
- Your level of community involvement and engagement in work related to sustainable agriculture in Southern Appalachia
We strongly encourage young food activists, farmers, and people of color to apply. It is essential you have these documents to complete your scholarship application:
- Professional or Academic Reference
- A reference letter is also required, but you can have them email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at a later date.
- Scholarship applicant’s detailed income information (including number of dependents, income, and expenses.)
- Current Resume
- Letter of Interest
For more information on this program, please contact Sera Deva, Farmer Programs & Conference Coordinator at email@example.com
Author: Sera Deva
Sera Deva has a B.S. in Microbiology & Agroecology from The Evergreen State College. She works with OGS as the Farmer Programs Coordinator and Conference Curriculum Coordinator, serves on the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (SSAWG) Board of Directors, and is the Administrative Director for The Firefly Gathering. When she’s not geeking out over genetics, systems theory or soil hydrology, she spends her time growing and eating food in the South Toe Valley in Burnsville, NC.