Holistic Financial Planning comes out of the theories and methods behind Holistic Management, a whole farm planning and decision-making framework that helps farmers take into account their triple bottom line – their economic, environmental, and social viability. It is a fantastic workshop that has not been offered in our region before and could be a game-changer for how you think about your farm finances.
Space is limited to 30 participants; please register early. There is a short application process to ensure attendees are prepared for the content of the class.
When: January 8-9th, 2018, 9-5pm
Where: Burnsville Town Center, 6 South Main Street, Burnsville NC 28714
Cost: $100 per person, or if you are attending with a farm business partner it is $75 per person. WNC CRAFT members, BRWIA CRAFT members, and Farm Beginnings Grads have a special rate of $65 per person. Lunch is included on both days. We strongly encourage farm business partners to attend together. Please indicate any dietary restrictions and if you will be attending with a farm partner on the registration form.
- Farmers of all production types and models from across WNC. We recommend that you have at least one year of farming under your belt so you can bring real numbers to work with during the class.
- Familiarity with basic holistic management concepts, including a holistic goal is encouraged, but not required.
Goals for the workshop:
- Help farmers navigate the delicate balancing act that all farmers must succeed in balancing healthy profits with healthy land and a healthy farm family and personal life.
- Learn how to make financial decisions toward farm & family values and goals, and how to build profit into your plans up front, rather than hoping there is something left once expenses are subtracted from income.
- Help farmers connect financial systems for home and farm management into a clear program to focus in and get clear on their numbers.
- Learn ways to assess financial, personal and farm weak links.
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and our funding partners: USDA-NIFA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, Grant #2016-70017-25341, USDA Rural Business Development Program, Community Foundation of WNC, CLIF Bar Family Foundation, New Belgium Brewing, Simply Organic 1%. Our Growth Partners (year-round program support) are: Carolina Farm Credit, French Broad Food Coop, Mountain Rose Herbs, Earth Tools, Biltmore Company, Red Moon Herbs, Living Web Farms, and Chelsea Green Publishing. Our Media Sponsors are: Hendersonville Community Co-op, WNCW, and the .