Finding Farmland: Affordable Approaches to Land Access
Accessing land is one of the most complex financial decisions that you will make as a farmer. Join the National Young Farmers Coalition, Organic Growers School, and Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy in a workshop designed to prepare early career farmers to approach land access with confidence.
You will learn about:
- Searching for farmland in Western North Carolina and the greater region
- Finding help to evaluate farm properties
- The financing process for different methods of accessing land
- Working with a land trust
- Financial planning using NYFC’s Finding Farmland Calculator
- Case studies of other farmers’ paths to land access
When: Thursday, November 1, 2018, from 10AM-6PM
Where: Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center, 455 Research Drive, Mills River, NC 28759
Cost: The training is offered at a sliding scale registration rate, from $0-$20. We will provide lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Thanks to our Partners…
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and our funding partners: USDA-NIFA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, Grant #2016-70017-25341, USDA Rural Business Development Program, Community Foundation of WNC, Polk County Community Foundation, CLIF Bar Family Foundation Our Growth Partners (year-round program support) are: Carolina Farm Credit, Earth Tools, Biltmore Company, Buchi, Living Web Farms, and Chelsea Green Publishing. Our Media Sponsors are Hendersonville Community Co-op, and WNCW.