Farm Dreams Workshop
Dreaming of starting your own farm? Farm Dreams is an entry-level, five-hour workshop designed to help people who are seeking practical, common-sense information on sustainable farming and how to move forward. This is a great workshop to attend if you are in the exploratory stages of starting a farm.
In this one-day, exploratory workshop participants will…
- Learn about sustainable farming careers in Western North Carolina.
- Discover and assess your resources, skills and farming intentions.
- Begin to develop an educational plan toward farming.
- Connect with regional training opportunities and support networks.
- Prioritize your next steps toward your farming goals.
- Hear from experienced farmers running successful farms in WNC.
OGS is also offering Homestead Dreams, a day-long program similar to the Farm Dreams, but geared toward homesteaders and folks interested in land-based living. The difference is that Farm Dreams focuses on an enterprise model where income generation is a significant part of the equation.
All Farm Dreams Workshops are held on Saturdays, from 10 a.m. – 4p.m.
Boone, NC (in partnership with Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture):
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 @ The Watauga County Ag Conference Center (252 Poplar Grove Rd. Boone, NC 28607)
- Saturday, December 2, 2017, location TBD
- Saturday, February 3, 2018, location TBD
- Saturday, March 24, 2018, location TBD
Questions about this program? Contact Sera, Farmer Programs Associate, at email@example.com.
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and funding in part by the Community Foundation of WNC, CLIF Bar Family Foundation, Organic Valley, Simply 1%, Carolina Farm Credit, French Broad Food Co-op, and by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of USDA-NIFA, Grant #2016-70017-25341. Read more about Farmer Programs' Funding Partners here.