Explore Sustainable Farming
Dreaming of starting your own farm? Farm Dreams is an entry-level, day-long workshop designed to help people who are seeking practical, common-sense information on sustainable farming and how to move forward. This is a great workshop to attend if you are in the exploratory stages of starting a farm.
February 24, 2018
Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm
3445 Atando Road
Concord, NC 28025
What to Expect
In this one-day, exploratory workshop participants will…
- Learn about sustainable farming careers in Western North Carolina.
- Discover and assess your resources, skills and farming intentions.
- Begin to develop an educational plan toward farming.
- Connect with regional training opportunities and support networks.
- Prioritize your next steps toward your farming goals.
- Hear from experienced farmers running successful farms in WNC.
OGS is also offering Homestead Dreams, a day-long program similar to the Farm Dreams, but geared toward homesteaders and folks interested in land-based living. The difference is that Farm Dreams focuses on an enterprise model where income generation is a significant part of the equation.
Contact Sera, Farmer Programs Associate
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and funding in part by Carolina Farm Credit, Community Foundation of WNC, CLIF Bar Family Foundation, French Broad Food Co-op, New Belgium Brewing, Organic Valley - Farmers Advocating for Organic Farming, Simply Organic 1%, and by the USDA-NIFA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, Grant #2016-70017-25341. Read more about Farmer Programs' Funding Partners here.