Advanced Enterprise Development
Date: Thursday, February 6th, 2020
Location: Madison County Extension Office, 258 Carolina Ln, Marshall, NC 28753
Cost: $40 for a four hour workshop, dinner included
Farming on a small scale requires a variety of production, management and business skills. After the initial start-up years, it can be challenging to understand what your financial numbers and production records mean for your business and enterprise development, and then how to make decisions to move your business forward.This 4-hour training will dig deep into enterprise development and adaptive management for beginning and experienced small farmers.
Explore & Utilize:
- Strategic business planning tools & techniques
- Established farmers recordkeeping and decision-making processes
- Adaptive decision-making with your own farm records
Participants Learn How To…
- Understand the factors that influence farm profitability.
- Assess their recordkeeping and other farm documentation.
- Identify and practice using tools that can help enhance their farm financial picture.
For questions, please contact our Director of Programming, Nicole Delcogliano, at firstname.lastname@example.org
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and our funding partners: CLIF bar Family Foundation, Southern Sustainable Agriculture, Research and Education UNFI Foundation, WNC Bridge Foundation, Harry Chapin Foundation, Walnut Cove, New Visions, and USDA Rural Development. Our Growth Partners (year-round program support) are: Carolina Farm Credit, Earth Tools, Biltmore Company, Buchi, Living Web Farms, and Chelsea Green Publishing. Our Media Sponsors are WNCW, Asheville FM and BPR. .