Advanced Enterprise Development
Date: Thursday, February 6th, 2020
Location: Madison County Extension Office, 258 Carolina Ln, Marshall, NC 28753
Cost: $40 for a four hour workshop, dinner included
Farming on a small scale requires a variety of production, management and business skills. After the initial start-up years, it can be challenging to understand what your financial numbers and production records mean for your business and enterprise development, and then how to make decisions to move your business forward.This 4-hour training will dig deep into enterprise development and adaptive management for beginning and experienced small farmers.
Explore & Utilize:
- Strategic business planning tools & techniques
- Established farmers recordkeeping and decision-making processes
- Adaptive decision-making with your own farm records
Participants Learn How To…
- Understand the factors that influence farm profitability.
- Assess their recordkeeping and other farm documentation.
- Identify and practice using tools that can help enhance their farm financial picture.
For questions, please contact our Farmer Programs Coordinator, Nicole Delcogliano, at email@example.com
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and our funding partners: USDA Rural Business Development Program, Community Foundation of WNC, CLIF Bar Family Foundation, UNFI Foundation, Harry Chapen Foundation, WNC Bridge Foundation, USDA Southern Extension Risk Management, and Southern Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education. Our Growth Partners (year-round program support) are: Carolina Farm Credit, Earth Tools, Biltmore Company, Buchi, Living Web Farms, and Chelsea Green Publishing. Our Media Sponsors are Hendersonville Community Co-op, and WNCW.