Scholarship applications are open for the November 2021 and January 2022 Trips.
We are offering a limited number of partial scholarships for up to $2,400 (75% of trip cost) to applicants based the prioritizes outlined below. If trip attendance is contingent on a specific amount in scholarship, please let us know that in your application. Special consideration will be given to the following:
- The type of work the applicant plans to do upon their return from the trip. Farmers will be prioritized.
- Applicant’s level of community involvement and engagement in work related to social justice and sustainable agriculture in Southern Appalachia. People of Color, LGBTQAI+ and other socially disadvantaged individuals will be prioritized.
- Financial limitations of international travel. Low wealth individuals will be prioritized.
Scholarship Deadlines & Timeline
Decisions for scholarships will be made on a rolling basis, and you will hear from us within 3 months of the trip with a final decision.
Finding Other Funding Opportunities
We ask that you exhaust all other funding opportunities before applying as our scholarship pool is limited. If you are part of an academic program or profession related to agriculture, we are more than happy to provide letters of request for funding help or academic credit from your business or institution. We have had both agricultural professionals and academics participate in this trip with funding through their institutions.
- Income details, including dependents and expected income for the calendar year. Supporting documentation is helpful but not required.
- Professional or academic reference.