Date: April 1, 2017 (REGISTRATION FORM BELOW!)
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Lenoir Rhyne University, 36 Montford Ave, Asheville, NC 28801, Room #314
Bring: Potluck Lunch – Bring a dish to share and we’ll enjoy lunch together. Or, grab lunch at a nearby restaurant in downtown Asheville.
Instructors: Bio’s here.
Why: Read more about farming in WNC
Are you dreaming of starting your own farm? Farm Dreams? is an entry level, five-hour, exploratory workshop designed to help people who are seeking practical, common sense information on whether sustainable farming is the next step for them, and how to move forward. This is a great workshop to attend if you are in the exploratory stages of getting started farming.
Join us to explore the practicalities of your farm dreams. We’ll cover common sense, relevant information to discover if sustainable farming is the next step for you.
- Learn about sustainable farming careers in Western North Carolina.
- Discover and assess your resources, skills and farming intentions.
- Begin to develop an educational plan toward farming.
- Connect with regional training opportunities and support networks.
- Prioritize your next steps toward your farming goals.
- Hear from experienced farmers running successful farms in WNC.
Organic Growers School is also offering “Homestead Dreams,” which is a day-long program similar to the Farm Dreams? but geared towards homesteaders and land-based living. The difference is that Farm Dreams is focused on an enterprise model, where income generation is a significant part of the equation.