Handouts from 2017 Harvest Conference
We held the 4th Annual Harvest Conference at Warren Wilson College on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 8–9, 2017. Thank you to all who attended this year’s event—we had a fantastic time with y’all!
Some of this year’s instructors provided informational handouts to attendees. In case you missed their classes or the conference altogether, we’ve gathered all materials in one convenient location. Feel free to read, download, and enjoy these helpful guides.
Fall and Winter Gardening: Yes You Can!
Growing and Making Plant Medicine: Teas, Tinctures, and Salves
Healing with the Five Elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine
High Tunnels for Homesteaders
Making Mead 101
Wild Food Preservation
Worms for Living Soil
About the Harvest Conference
The Harvest Conference is a fall event featuring all the popularity of the Spring Conference with a focus on the fall and winter growing, home cooking, fermentation, preservation, homestead skills, self-reliance, backyard wonders, and more—all with an organic perspective, of course.
We pride ourselves on bringing you down-to-earth advice on organic growing and sustainable living while remaining affordable and accessible.
- Dates—Friday and Saturday, September 8 & 9, 2017
- Friday—All-Day Workshops
- Saturday—Choose from 21 classes in 7 tracks, much like the Spring Conference format
- Sunday Bonus Event—Our education partner Living Web Farms is extending the weekend by offering a Root Crop Production Intensive on Sunday, September 10.
- Location—Friday & Saturday classes will be at Warren Wilson College. Sunday will be at Living Web Farms.
- Cost—Saturday is $50. Friday All-day Workshops are $70.