Thank you for your interest in working with Organic Growers School. We have an internship available with our organization at this time.
Sustainability Consulting Support (Internship)
Timeline: April to September 2019
Start Date: Anytime in that window
Hours per week: 10-ish hours per week
Description: A unique opportunity for hands-on, practical, real-world exposure to site design, land planning, and all aspects of sustainability coaching. The Sustainability Consulting Support internship position will support, assist, and shadow our Sustainability Coach & Consultant, Brandon Greenstein, at garden, yard, homestead, and farm projects in the WNC region. This support position is an opportunity to learn permaculture, land-based systems, water and power engineering, construction, gardening, and many more stills. This will pave the way to improving your own farm or homestead or to work in any of these fields more effectively. You will learn to think critically, design ecologically and holistically, relate to others deeply, and work at creating regenerative and resilient culture. Learn more about our Sustainability Consulting program here and more about our coaches here.
Tasks encompass the following:
- Attend site visits weekly with Sustainability Consultant, Brandon Greenstein
- Provide written reports and photographs of site visits
Must have the following criteria:
- Strong interest and experience in organic growing, homesteading, or farming
- Reliable transportation
- Experience working in collaboration with others
- Good customer service, communication, and people skills
- Very organized and able to meet deadlines
- Computer literate.
- Critical thinking, design, and planning experience a plus.
- Training in permaculture or other land-based design systems a plus.
- Immense land-based learning opportunity.
- Access to all OGS 1-2 day programs happening during 2019.
- Access to all site consults.
- Letter of recommendation and/or job referral.
To Apply: Fill out the form below: