Organic Revolution: A 9-Day Trip to Cuba Registration Form
Registration for the trip is now closed. Please fill out the below interest form to be added to future trip notifications.
Tuition includes the following:
- All in-country transportation during the tour including airport transfer to and from Havana airport
- Shared rooms in casas particulares (the Cuban equivalent of AirBNBs) for all of the nights on the tour. Private rooms can be arranged at an additional cost.
- 2 meals per day, plus bottled water to refill your water bottles
- OFAC approved People-to-People License provided by Altruvistas
- Food First trip leader and Organic Growers School representative
- Local guides, drivers, guest speaker honorarium
- Translation of all program activities into English
- Preparatory reading materials (Cuba Tour Reader) and Tour Orientation Packet
- All scheduled program activities, presentations and workshops
Price will NOT include:
- Airfare to Cuba: Airfare to Cuba is often very reasonable, and direct flights are available from Charlotte for as little as $250.
- Tourist Visa: Visas are purchased through your airline and range from $50-$100.
- Mandatory Cuban health insurance & airline taxes: Most commercial airlines include taxes and health insurance in the cost of your ticket. Please double check with your airline.
Sera Deva has a B.S. in Microbiology and Agroecology from The Evergreen State College. She was hired at OGS as the Farmer Programs Associate in 2016, and as the Conference Coordinator in 2017. When she’s not geeking out over genetics, systems theory or soil hydrology, she spends her time working for farmers, homesteading, and river jumping in the South Toe Valley.