Part-Time Position Available
Job Title: Program Assistant
Description: The Program Assistant will support all aspects of our educational programs.
Major Tasks Include (90% of Time Total):
Registration Management (30% of Time)
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade the online registration systems in WordPress, which includes pages, forms, online checkout, etc.
- Provide customer communication and customer service.
- Provide the above tasks for event sponsors & exhibitors.
Administrative (20% of Time)
- Work within Quickbooks for all registration related tasks.
- Administrative projects may include mailings to teachers, sponsors and supporters, marketing tasks such as online calendar listings, and other similar tasks.
Communications Coordination & Marketing (40% of Time)
- Manage and maintain the OGS website in WordPress, including SEO, blog management, and design upgrades.
- Design and produce print and web ads for all OGS events which includes flyers, poster, programs, and brochures.
- Social Media management and optimization.
- Coordinate the monthly (and sometimes more) e-newsletter.
Collaborative Team Member
- All of the above will be done in close coordination with the Executive Director and other team members.
Minor Tasks Include (10% of Time):
- Recruiting (through application process), communicating with and selecting volunteers, scheduling and creating volunteer grid and database, managing conference volunteers on-site, and followup for both of our large events (spring and harvest conferences).
- For both our spring and fall events, manage the exhibitor hall management, rental equipment coordination, food vendor coordination and other logistics.
- Technically proficient with WordPress, Quickbooks, and Adobe Suite, Google Docs, a MUST.
- Design skills & a graphic design and web design portfolio.
- Savvy with and actively engaged in social media.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative. Flexible. Team Player. Quick Learner.
- Solid people skills and experienced with customer service.
- Familiarity with sustainable food and farming.
Hourly Rate: $13/hr. as an employee.
Hours: Average 20-25 hours per week.
- 15+/- hours per week April-July and October through January.
- 20+ hours per week in August and early September (leading up to Harvest Conference)
- 20+ hours per week February through March (leading up to Spring Conference)
- 50+ hour per week during the actual week of the Harvest & Spring Conferences
Location: A combination of working from your home office (provide your own computer, printer, and basic office needs) and working in our office at the AB Tech Small Business Center in Enka/Cander.
Software: OGS will provide all online software needed such as Quickbooks Online, the Adobe Creative Cloud, and WordPress.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, & examples of your design work to email@example.com and be sure to put “Program Assistant” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled.