Connects people interested in farm work to mentors willing to train them.
Sign up to be listed as offering apprenticeship or work opportunities on your farm. We vet applications to make sure that…
- Farms are actively engaged in the local community.
- Farms are using organic and/or sustainable production methods.
- Farms are dedicated to training new farmers by providing education as a pinnacle element of their apprenticeship program.
Information for establishing or maintaining good labor management on small farms.
- Resources written by OGS affiliates for both apprentices and farmers.
- External resource list compiled by OGS including good articles and reads for mentors and apprentices, and national and international work databases.
- Labor legal glossary for easy reference with employee/employer tax forms.
OGS Farmer Programs are made possible by our farmer network and funding in part by the Community Foundation of WNC, CLIF Bar Family Foundation, Organic Valley, Simply 1%, Carolina Farm Credit, French Broad Food Co-op, and by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of USDA-NIFA, Grant #2016-70017-25341