Welcome Organic Growers
“From the earth we come, and to the earth we return. In between we garden.”
At OGS, we believe that everyone has the capacity to produce their own food, no matter how much or how little. It is our mission to inspire, educate, and support organic gardening for growers of all skill levels. Whether you’re staring at your lawn and wondering how to turn it into a garden, or you’ve been growing your own food for decades, OGS is here to help.
Our Organic Grower programs are designed to empower & educate:
- If you’re just getting started with gardening, consider our Organic Gardening Series series each spring.
- Come to OGS’ annual Spring Conference, which is the largest convergence of its type in the Southeast.
- Find a farmers market near you with our county-by-county list of tailgate markets.
- Online resources include a glossary of gardening terms, a glossary of organic living terms, our garden management library, and our gardener advice column, Ask Ruth.
- View our strategic plan to see our targeted objectives addressing home gardeners over the next five years.
- Consider a donation to ensure our continued success.