Friday Logistics and Directions
Friday, September 8, 2017 from 9:30AM to 4:30PM with a one-hour break midday.
- Healing with the 5 Elements: Explore the Power of Traditional Chinese Medicine with Patricia Kyritsi Howell at Warren Wilson College, Swannanoa, NC. AND Campus MAP here.
- Wild Foods Foraging Adventure with Alan Muskat at Warren Wilson College, Swannanoa, NC AND Campus MAP here.
- Fall & Winter Gardening: Yes, You Can! with Diana Schmitt McCall at Dr. John Wilson Community Garden, 99 White Pine Dr. in Black Mountain, NC
Check-in for morning programs begins at 8:45AM. Please do not arrive before 8:00AM.
Directions to Warren Wilson College
- There is limited parking at Warren Wilson’s central campus and parking around the garden cabin is restricted to service vehicles only. AMPLE parking is in the Kittredge lot and you must walk to the Pavilion, Fellowship Hall, and Garden Cabin. Please leave enough time for travel plus parking and walking. Warren Wilson College is a tremendously beautiful campus. Enjoy.
Warren Wilson College has dining facilities that will be available to workshop participants for lunch. The cafeteria on the main floor of Gladfelter Student Center offers a wide selection of vegetarian and meat entrees, fresh made salads and dressings, homemade soups and desserts. Gluten and diary-free options are labeled and available. The Cowpie Café, located on the lower level, offers vegan and vegetarian options. Produce and meat from the College garden and farm are served in both locations. Hours: 11:15AM–1:00PM; the dining facilities are busiest at noon. Price: $8.97 at both locations. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch or dine off campus at a local restaurant.
Weather in the mountains is very unpredictable. Please come prepared for extremely hot and damp/chilly weather. Make sure to bring water and snacks as needed.
If you become lost or need to contact us on-site, please call Rodney at (828) 680-0661
Directions to Dr. John Wilson Community Garden
- 99 White Pine Dr. in Black Mountain.
- Directions: I40 East to exit 64 in Black Mountain; turn R onto NC9; just past Phil’s BBQ on the left, stay to the R of the YIELD sign for Bue Ridge Road; turn R onto White Pine Dr. and follow the signs to parking.
Bring your own or dine at one of the many restaurants in Black Mountain, NC.
If you become lost or need to contact us on-site, please call Rodney at (828) 680-0661.