We are excited to have been selected as one of 30 non-profits to be a part of Mountain Xpress’s GIVE!LOCAL Guide this giving season. GIVE!LOCAL is an incredible resource for local non-profits and community members. The guide and website help to make donating — and connecting — to groups in your community fun and easy.
“What you give will help make WNC a better place all year long.”
If you donate to Give!Local nonprofits during Big Give Events, you will be eligible to win some great prizes from local businesses. Take a look below!
GIVE WEEKEND, NOVEMBER 20-22
- Equine Assisted Learning Experience at Horse Sense of the Carolinas (1 hour)
- $100 gift certificate at Patton Avenue Pet Company
- Free pass to the Organic Growers School Spring Conference
- $65 Wellness Program gift certificate from Asheville Family Fitness
- Pair of WNC Nature Center “Wild Walk” passes
Ella McCoy is a graduate of Appalachian State University’s MBA program and a native of Western North Carolina. She grew up reluctantly helping in her family’s garden and was as surprised as everyone else when she developed a passion for food advocacy and farming, while interning with Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture. Since moving to Asheville, Ella has been involved with the Grace Presbyterian Community Garden, OGS, F.E.A.S.T, and as an “unpaid intern” at her partner’s farm. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, beekeeping, photography, and as much reading as possible.